Summit Learning Center is a trauma-informed alternative school that provides individualized academic and social/emotional support and resources to a diverse group of learners. Summit provides services for special education students who have not been successful at their home school despite interventions, support and resources provided. Summit provides a therapeutic school setting in which students are prepared to be successful members of their community upon graduation.
We will create an environment where students are inspired to improve their academics, attendance, and character. We want 100% of our students to fulfill their goals of earning a high school diploma or certificate and ensuring post-secondary success.
Recognizing that students have individual needs and learning styles, DELTA and SUMMIT provide a safe and supportive learning environment. We empower students to choose a path toward success in post-secondary education, training, and employment through
Goal setting and development of individual strengths and interests.
- Promote academic success by integrating therapeutic support services into the learning environment.
- Provide an environment that is physically and psychologically safe.
- Strengthen academic performance to a student's maximum ability.
- Assist students in developing and maintaining appropriate, positive behaviors which promote effective learning and healthy emotional and social development.
- Develop positive peer and adult relationships and appropriate social skills, emphasizing accepting personal responsibility for behaviors.
- Utilize positive behavior management strategies to achieve behavior
- Blue Island
- Calumet Park
- Chicago Ridge
- Oak Lawn (part)
- Palos Heights (part)
- Merrionette Park
- Robbins (part)
- Worth (part)