About the Program
The Continuing Education Program (CEP) is a computer-based educational program designed for students who have been unsuccessful in the traditional high school setting. Student participants can work at their own pace to earn credits. The program is staffed by one certified teacher and one teacher assistant.
We will create an environment where students are inspired to improve their academics, attendance, and character. We want 100% of our students to fulfill their goals of earning a high school diploma or certificate and ensuring post-secondary success.
The mission of The Continuing Education Program is to provide the opportunity for students to achieve personal and educational success by creating a school atmosphere in which students can:
- Develop self-motivational skills by working independently
- Increase interest in learning for personal growth
- Create attainable long and short-term goals
- Develop strong study and organizational skills
- Strengthen research, comprehension, and problem-solving skills
- Improve daily attendance
- Prepare to transition to the home school or Delta Learning Center
- Recover credits
- To accomplish this mission, staff will consistently address and understand the motivations of behaviors, aid students in developing as total individuals, and maintain a positive attitude toward change.
- To assist students in recovering credits so they may return to grade level status and return to their home school.
- To assist students in establishing positive attendance and academic habits
- To inspire students to learn
- To provide the necessary structure and support for students to attain their educational goals.
- CEP is an afternoon program from 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
- Students will be provided transportation by Alpha bus company.
- Since CEP is a district program, we follow all CHSD 218 Board policies, guidelines, and calendars.
- Blue Island
- Calumet Park
- Chicago Ridge
- Oak Lawn (part)
- Palos Heights (part)
- Merrionette Park
- Robbins (part)
- Worth (part)