Certified School Nurse
What Does a School Nurse Do?
- Provides health services that increase school attendance
- Helps prevent and control the spread of communicable disease
- Administers specialized services to students (medications, tube feedings, insulin)
- Verifies immunizations to keep the school in compliance with state mandates
- Screens for hearing and vision deficits
- Provides health professional input and direction for school and community policies and programs
- Educates students and staff on managing their own health and wellness
- Assists in the evaluation of students for special education services
I am the building nurse at Delta and Summit Learning Centers in Community High School District 218.
Purdue University - Bachelor's Degree in Science
Rush University – Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
Concordia University - Master's Degree in Arts
National Louis University - Professional Educator's License as a Certified School Nurse
Years in Nursing:
I have been a Registered Nurse for over 20 years. Thankfully, I have had a variety of experience that I have been able to utilize in school nursing. I have worked in the hospital, office, and urgent care settings.
I have been working in Community High School District for 3 years and in school nursing for 15 years.
Illinois and National School Nurse Certification
Hearing and Vision Screening Certification
School Nurse Emergency Care Course
Management of Diabetes in School
Substance Abuse and Addiction Certificate from Governor’s State University